simple coconut curry
This basic coconut curry is easy to prepare and makes any vegetable medley into a hearty main course! Makes approx. 4 servings.
- 1.5-2 cups of various veggies
- optionally, tofu or some other source of protein
- 1 14oz can of coconut milk
- ~2-4 tsp salt
- curry seasonings to taste; if you don't have curry powder on hand, you can jerry rig some by mixing whatever you have of:
- paprika (mild) or cayenne (strong)
- black pepper
- Chop up your preferred vegetables into medium strips, about 0.5x0.5x2 inches or so; summer squash, onion, carrot, peppers, eggplant, broccoli, etc. are all good choices for this recipe.
- Throw all the veggies into the skillet with a can of coconut milk.
- Add the salt and spices.
- If you are adding protein, use your judgement to add it at the appropriate moment; meats should go in from the beginning; something like tofu or fish should go in at the last 10 minutes.
- Simmer covered for about a half an hour, until the veggies are soft.
- Serve over pasta or rice!